Smoothies are one of the easiest and quickest ways to add nutrients into your diet that you aren’t getting enough of. Whether it’s a superfood powder, protein powder, chia seeds, or a load of greens, the options to nutrient-load your smoothies are endless! Here are some of our favorite smoothie additives that will have you feeling your best.
Ingredients to Add Nutrients to Smoothies
- Spirulina. Not known for its impeccable taste, this is one of the best superfoods to hide inside a fruity smoothie. It has powerful antiinflammatory benefits, is packed with antioxidants, and fights free radicals in the body.
- Chia Seeds. These seeds offer so many benefits in such a small package. They’ve been shown to fight high cholesterol, prevent heart disease, increase healthy brain function, and so much more!
- Organic protein. Protein is an essential food source that a lot of us don’t get enough of in our diet. Adding an organic protein powder to your smoothies is an easy solution to keep your body functioning at its peak!
- Coconut oil. Looking to lose fat? Coconut oil is full of fatty acids that convert into metabolism-boosting energy. Add in just a teaspoon to see major benefits!
- Maca. This superfood is great for boosting energy, balancing hormones, and relieving stress. A must for those of us who are always on the go!